Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Day 36 : John Goddard !!


Today. A colleague sends me this link. And then I go berserk the rest of the day.

Prior to my seeing it, if you had asked me who I thought is my role model. I wouldn't have a straight answer to give to you. I mean sure I would’ve made up some clichéd story like my folks, or a teacher, or a famous writer/thinker. But that would to some extent be false. Now I am happy to say I won't have to make up stuff anymore. I officially have a role model now. And his name is - John Goddard.

He has every right to look smug!

Seriously dude, look at his LIST! He has done everything!!

There are things in this list that I think you will find in the bucket list of every single human being on this planet. And then there are things so exciting, they definitely deserve to be in everyone’s list.

Visiting exotic places, doing extraordinary things, doing ordinary thing and actually enjoy them, speak more languages, learn new musical instruments, re-trace famous voyages by other famous explorers, read more books, write books, go around the globe (four times!).

 And so many more...

There are few people on this planet who can confidently say "been there, done that" without coming off as a lame bullshitter. He has actually been everywhere, done everything, and experienced everything. He even has a list to prove it. And books, and shows, and pictures.

He even went on the lecture circuits in the States speaking about his myriad experiences. I mean, he is the one guy on this planet who should be everyone's role model. The one guy who's very life is a lesson on how to live life to the fullest!

I guess when Mr. Goddard passed away couple of years back and reached the pearly gates up top. My guess is he would have been welcomed with open arms by the Creator. Who else to get the feedback on how beautiful his creation is!

Today, I will make a bucket list. One more resolution to accomplish this year.

P.S. I know there are way too many exclamation marks in this post. But darn it, this guy is awesome!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment